Withdrawal / Refund Process
A ten-day cooling-off period applies once the minimum deposit and/or full fees are paid. Notification must be given to NIET, via phone, by email email@example.com or on a Withdrawal/Refund Form. A refund, less an administration fee of $150, will apply when a student withdraws from any course during the 10-day cooling off period.
Students who wish to withdraw from a course, for whatever reason, must fill in a Withdrawal/Refund Form (available from reception), or speak to their trainer as soon as possible. NIET staff can complete a Withdrawal/Refund Form, on behalf of a student, as required.
Lodge the completed Withdrawal/Refund Form at reception or with your trainer. Once the form has been signed by the trainer and CEO, the Withdrawal/Refund Form (and any applicable refund) will be processed.
A result of ‘W’ for Withdrawn will be entered against the unit(s) the student is withdrawing from. Re-enrolment in the same unit(s) will incur additional fees to be paid and future government funding may be affected.
Students on payment plans can withdraw from their course, however, the payment plan will continue until all required payments are made.
No refund will apply under the following circumstances:
- Where a student is in breach of NIET’s policies and procedures
- Students who have paid $150 or less for enrolment
- When a student withdraws from a course outside of the cooling off period
- When a student has commenced a course
- When a student stop attending two or more classes and has not informed NIET. The student will be withdrawn, and additional fees will apply for re-enrolment, and future government funding may be affected.
A 10-day cooling off period applies to short courses.
Students can apply for a refund of fees, less a $35 administration fee, up to five working days before the course starts. This must be done in writing or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or on a NIET Withdrawal/Refund form.
When NIET cancels a Short Course, a student can be transferred to the next available course or given a full refund of fees.